17-08-2012 01:28 PM
17-08-2012 01:32 PM - edited 17-08-2012 01:34 PM
I pointed this out on the old forum when the karma system was suggested: Only be allowed to give good karma.
People collect good karma and get some kind of reward, like a cash and/or XP multiplier bonus.
Karma fades to base level over time, so you need to keep up the clean driving.
Good drivers get rewarded, bad drivers might reconsider their driving style.
RsTu +1. If we will have negative karma, this system would be a waste, because the player who lost the race and came in second place or so on would mostly definitely give negative karma to a player who won... More so, if the winner was decided in the last straight. So if this system would get implemented in this game, I would go only for the good karma
17-08-2012 04:54 PM
The only solution to avoid ramming is to remove the hits in this game because the lag also is one of the main causes...
The it's not a racing game.
The biggest problem is side swiping, and when the rammers starts from the back, well let them hit eatch other, i realy dont care.
17-08-2012 05:13 PM
A karma system would be funny until you were the fastest driver and all the noob kids downvoted you.
if u have read all post u have noticed that downvoting would not be allowed.
17-08-2012 07:03 PM
- About Voting System -
Positive-voting-only sounds interesting... specially when you can only give it to someone who you just raced with.
- About collision system -
Anyone here ever played "3D Grand Prix" in that old Spectrum computer? Do you remember how that colision system worked? Remember how basic that system was and how flawless it was? It was perfect in my opinion. In case you never played the game this is what i can remember:
- If you touched something just slightly, (wall, other car, etc...) You wouldnt receive any speed penalty.
- If you touched something just a little harder, (wall, other car, etc...) it would give you like a 3-5% top speed penalty. So you could basically have that ocasional touching without trashing your race.
- If you have a decent crash, like spin out and hit the wall or just ram another car with good a lot of kinetic energy transfered, it would give like 20-30% top speed penalty.
- If you had a massive crash or 2 decent crashes, you would get like 90% top speed penalty.
It cannot be used directly in "F1 The Online Game", because "3D Grand Prix" had boxes so you could make a pitstop and repair the car, you could repair it really fast and the tracks were so small that it only took like 15-20secs to make a lap. Theres were also only 4 cars in each race.
But if a way could be found to extrapolate this concept into "F1 the Online Game", it could do wonders to a clean gameplay.
Like every touch counting +1% in top speed penalty. And we could repair the car with a reset, wich now resets would take 5seconds to spawn the car. Wich could make people try and recover the car after a spinout insted of instantly hitting reset.
17-08-2012 07:42 PM - edited 17-08-2012 07:49 PM
Actually I dont think this would work and here are my thoughts why:
1. Think about every start of the race - the "paint swaping" is intesive while erveryone tries to get the best possitions at the first lap or to be more accurate - at the first corner, especially, if you start in the middle of the pack.
2. Think about the difference between players when they brake at every corner - Im not talking about the rammers, Im talking when one player brakes earlier, to get a better acceleration from the corner, when the other brakes latter and bumps in to him slowing down to the player who drove in front. This happens a lot in this game at every race.
3. Take in to consideration the lag - there are players from all around the world and for me it happened more then a couple of times, when a player just laggs around the track bumping in to erveryone not because hes a rammer, but because his internet problems. Second of all there is the problem of ping when you maybe see the player behind you, but the position shows you that your actually behind him - the bumping in this situacion is inevitabal.
And lastly my opinion about 5sec reset - its too much time and you know why? Because at the higher level of racing ( Im talking about A class ) the differences between good and bad players is like 1-2seconds and if there are for example 5 people with A9 class level cars, the differences are going to the 0,XXX sec so the reset button which would be 5sec long would almost definitely put you last without a chance of caching up.
Its only my opinion, but the 5sec rule and +1% top speed penalty for every bump is not the solution to the problem of ramming. Not taking in to account how difficult it would be to seperate which bump was intentional, which wasn't, which was because of a player braking earlier and your ability to react to that - especially if the track is narrow like Circuito Puentes Gemelos.
18-08-2012 01:20 AM - edited 18-08-2012 01:51 AM
After a lot of racing i have the most simple solution to the problem
REMOVE ALL GERMAN PLAYERS
And Herbrax from team ARG, since i can't say these exact word i would like if he does not get a life.
18-08-2012 01:43 PM
Well thats harsh... I dont think every player thats from Germany is a rammer or something like that... There are a lot of players from different countries that are rammers, so because you had encountered a couple of german players that are playing unfairly that doesnt meen we should remove them from the game
FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One group company. Licensed by Formula One World Championship Limited. All rights reserved.
© 2012 The Codemasters Software Company Limited ("Codemasters"). All rights reserved. "Codemasters"® and the Codemasters logo are registered trademarks owned by Codemasters. "Ego"™ is a trademark of Codemasters. All rights reserved. An official product of the FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. Unauthorised copying, adaptation, rental, lending, re-sale, arcade use, charging for use, broadcast, cable transmission, public performance, distribution or extraction of this product or any trademark or copyright work that forms part of this product is prohibited. Developed and published by Codemasters.